More pages in this section
Family Participation Team
About TAIHS Family Participation Program
The TAIHS Family Participation Program (FPP) aims to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families to participate in child protection decisions that affect their lives.
FPP strives to develop family based solutions that can provide protection and care needs of children.
The TAIHS FPP follows the Family Led Decision Making Process (FLDM), which gives parents, families and children a voice to create their own plans and lead decision making in a culturally safe space.
“Finding your way through” Child Safety business:
- FPP work with families to make processes regarding child protection needs understood
- Strengthen and identify support networks
- Supporting families to make choices and take action to keep children safe and connected to family, community and culture
- Create case plans that detail family, community and cultural connections
- Participate in Family Group Meetings (FGM) to explore all options and the best way through using the FLDM process
- Identify and choose further support upon agreed outcome
TAIHS FPP is available in the following regions
Contact & Business Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
Phone: (07) 4431 1460
Admin Intake Officer