TAIHS.. More than
a health service.
Townsville Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Health Services (TATSICHS) aims to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to take control of their individual, family and community health, which encompasses physical, social, emotional, cultural, spiritual and economic well-being. Our community has access to holistic primary health care that is culturally appropriate and incorporates prevention, promotion and treatment. Our approach to business is underpinned by principles of collaboration and sustainability.
- Culturally appropriate service provision
- Effective and efficient management
- Protection and promotion of client rights
- Confidentiality, privacy and access to personal information
- Client self-determination
- Evidence and needs-based service delivery
- Non-discriminatory access and non-judgmental support
- Duty of Care
- Commitment to quality management
- Our efforts are driven by community aspiration, empowerment and self-determination
- Our people maintain strong connections with community
- Our staff are supported to work within a satisfying workplace as a team with respect, honesty and integrity
- Our activities make a positive difference to primary health and social and emotional wellbeing
- Our programs provide quality holistic care integrating local, cultural and scientific knowledge.
- Our company is committed to fair and ethical business practice and innovation.
- Our leadership provides direction, communication and accountability at all levels and has the capacity to secure additional investment and resources to enhance on ground outcomes across the region.