Fulltime |Townsville |Closes Ongoing
Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service (TAIHS) provides a range of medical and clinical services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Townsville and the surrounding region. Our health services are provided by a dedicated team of Doctors, Indigenous Health Professionals, Nurses, Visiting Specialists and Allied Health Professionals.
TAIHS seeks to improve health and social outcomes for the community through strategic partnerships, advocacy for needs, promotion of awareness and education in improved health and social practices, promotion of knowledge and understanding of underlying issues and unique needs and development of the evidence base.
“TAIHS strives to provide a truly comprehensive model of care that responds to the physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of our people”.
About the position
Full Time, Part Time & Casual Opportunities available
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the total care of the patient including triage, priority categorisation, early detection of health issues, clinical interventions, liaison with Doctors and other members of the health care team, coordination of patient treatments and preventive care services. Essentially, this role is responsible for the delivery, management and coordination of quality patient care and service delivery.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications, experience & certifications for the role will consist of:
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and relevant experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Knowledge and experience with treatment and management of health issues relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients, relatives and a broad range of health professionals
- Ability to administer and document patient medications and prescribed treatment accurately.
- Evidenced experience in the General Practice Clinic in a clinical capacity
- Proven ability to work cooperatively as a member of an interdisciplinary team and show support and respect for colleagues
- Ability to pass a National Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Records
- Current AHPRA registration
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (Qld)
- COVID-19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this position to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19
- Please click here to view the Position Description
- You must submit the below documentation;
- Proof of qualifications and current registration (as appropriate) will be required prior to commencement of employment
Phone: (07) 4431 1445
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY