Podiatrist - Contractor
Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service (TAIHS) provides a range of medical and clinical services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Townsville and the surrounding region. Our health services are provided by a dedicated team of Doctors, Indigenous Health Professionals, Nurses, Visiting Specialists and Allied Health Professionals.
TAIHS seeks to improve health and social outcomes for the community through strategic partnerships, advocacy for needs, promotion of awareness and education in improved health and social practices, promotion of knowledge and understanding of underlying issues and unique needs and development of the evidence base.
“TAIHS strives to provide a truly comprehensive model of care that responds to the physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of our people”.
About the position
TAIHS is looking for a Podiatrist to work at TAIHS 1 day a week to provide Podiatry Services for patients with 100% MBS revenue.
We are open to contrator or direct employment.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications, experience & certifications for the role will consist of:
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and relevant experience working as a Podiatrist
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients, relatives and a broad range of health professionals
- Proven ability to work cooperatively as a member of an interdisciplinary team and show support and respect for colleagues
- Ability to pass a National Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Records
- Blue Card
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (Qld)
- COVID-19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this position to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19
- You must submit the below documentation;
- Proof of qualifications and current registration (as appropriate) will be required prior to commencement of employment
Phone: (07) 4431 1401
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY