Full Time|Townsville |Closes Ongoing
Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service (TAIHS) provides a range of medical and clinical services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Townsville and the surrounding region. Our health services are provided by a dedicated team of Doctors, Indigenous Health Professionals, Nurses, Visiting Specialists and Allied Health Professionals.
TAIHS seeks to improve health and social outcomes for the community through; strategic partnerships, advocacy for needs, promotion of awareness and education in improved health and social practices, promotion of knowledge and understanding of underlying issues and unique needs and development of the evidence base.
“TAIHS strives to provide a truly comprehensive model of care that responds to the physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of our people”.
About the position
Responsible for acting as the first point of contact for all patients/visitors to TAIHS clinical services. The Medical Receptionist is required to greet patients/visitors on arrival, organise patient appointments, maintain patient admission records and perform other tasks relevant to ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of main reception. This position is critical in ensuring a high standard of customer service is provided to all patients and visitors to TAIHS clinics.
- Ensure a friendly, courteous and personable reception
- Ensure accuracy of messages taken and appropriate announcement of callers to call recipients
- Provide administrative support for Health Professionals, i.e filing, scanning, photocopying
- Ensure patient appointments including bookings, confirming, cancellation, rescheduling as required is actioned
- Participate and attend meetings, training and professional development
- Ensure competence in two-way radio operation
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications, experience & licenses for the role will consist of:
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) – Minimum requirement
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Receptionist or within an Administrative role
- Competence in full suite of Microsoft office including word, outlook, PowerPoint, excel and Google applications
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the TAIHS community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, preferably in a health or community setting
- Good written, verbal, visual and non-verbal communication skills to ensure positive engagement with staff, clients and visitors
- Demonstrated understanding of the principals of customer service
- Ability to pass a National Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Records
- Current Blue Card (Queensland's Working with Children Check) (or AHPRA registration if required)
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (Qld)
- COVID-19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this position to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Please click here to view the Position Description
- You must submit the below documentation;
- Cover letter no more than 1 page detailing how you will be successful in the position
- Proof of qualifications and current registration (as appropriate) will be required prior to commencement of employment
Phone: (07) 4431 1445
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY