Part Time|Townsville |Closes 8th July 2022, 5pm
TAIHS seeks to improve health and social outcomes for the community through; strategic partnerships, advocacy for needs, promotion of awareness and education in improved health and social practices, promotion of knowledge and understanding of underlying issues and unique needs and development of the evidence base.
“TAIHS strives to provide a truly comprehensive model of care that responds to the physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of our people”.
About the position
The Company Secretary is the chief governance specialist in the organisation and the Board relies on this role to provide advice and implement good governance polices. The Company Secretary supports the effectiveness of the Board of Directors and Board Committees by monitoring and ensuring that Board policy and procedures are followed, and provides advice on the alignment between strategy, governance, legislation and policies. They are also responsible for ensuring quality and timely distribution of Board and Committee agendas and papers.
This role reports directly to the Board Chair based in the Townsville corporate office but provides independent advice to the Chair and Board of Directors. As such, this role involves complex interaction between the Chair, Board Members, CEO and TAIHS Executive leadership team.
- Fulfil the legal obligations, duties and responsibilities as an officer of the company in the capacity of Company Secretary as required by the Corporations Act
- Act as statutory corporate secretary with the obligations, duties and responsibilities as set out in the Corporations Act
- Provide advice to the CEO, Chair, TAIHS Executive and Board of Directors
- Deliver all meeting papers/minutes as per scheduled dates and timeframes
- Coordinate, prepare and attend all annual and extraordinary general meetings of the organisation
- Develop and coordinate review and approval of Governance Policies including Board charter
- Ensure all requirements of ASIC, ACNC, and the ATO and any other regulatory bodies are fully met
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents such as service agreements, deeds etc
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications, experience & licenses for the role will consist of:
- A commitment to the TAIHS Code of Conduct
- Proven experience as a Company Secretary
- Previous work experience in a legal environment
- MAICD/GAICD preferable
- A well-developed knowledge of governance compliance and procedures, including the management of Board and Committee records.
- Excellent written communication skills to enable preparation of high-level briefings, minutes, reports and correspondence as required
- Proven time management skills enabling the delivery of efficient and effective governance processes and support
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at a senior level
- A proven ability to work with minimal supervision or direction, to show initiative and to anticipate and meet the needs of the CEO, Chair, and Board Members in relation to governance processes
- Ability to represent the Chair, Board, CEO and the company in a professional manner including in interactions with Board Members, the executive, leadership team, employees, external companies and their representatives, supporters and customers
- Ability to set personal workload priorities, observe time constraints and plan and coordinate adherence to deadlines
- An understanding of the Corporations Act and Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act 2012 as it relates to the company secretarial function
- Satisfactory Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Record
- COVID-19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this role to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19
- Hold a current Suitability ‘Blue Card’ for working with children and young people
- Please click here to view the Position Description
- You must submit the below documentation;
- Cover letter no more than 2 pages detailing how you will be successful in the position
- Proof of qualifications and current registration (as appropriate) will be required prior to commencement of employment
Applications Close: 5pm 8 July 2022
Phone: (07) 4431 1445
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY