Case Worker - Youth Support Services
Fulltime|Townsville |Closes 3pm, 29th September 2023
TAIHS health, wellbeing and community services seek to improve health and social outcomes for community through; strategic partnerships, advocacy for needs, promotion of awareness and education in improved health and social practices, promotion of knowledge and understanding of underlying issues and unique needs and development of the evidence base.
“TAIHS strives to provide a truly comprehensive model of care that responds to the physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of our people”.
About the position:
The Case Worker is responsible for the provision of case planning and case management in support of client needs. This position also performs all duties required to ensure the operations of the service are in line with the programs’ duty of care, practice framework established protocols and the service agreement.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications, experience & licenses for the role will consist of:
- Minimum Certificate IV Level in Community Services or Child, Youth and Family Intervention or Industry specific
- Ability to operate within a Case Management Model
- Ability to demonstrate strong capabilities around building relationships with and motivating vulnerable people, assessing needs, and advocating for the client
- Demonstrated experience/positive engagement when working with persons of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and an understanding of cultural competency
- Have an understanding of the historical, social, cultural, and economic issues effecting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and young people today
- Demonstrated understanding of the barriers and issues faced by young people
- Demonstrated ability to provide activities and supports that genuinely interest and engage young people, empowering them to make positive choices
- Hope and Healing Certificate (desirable)
- Ability to pass a National Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Records
- Current Blue Card (Queensland's Working with Children Check)
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (Qld)
- COVID-19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this position to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19
- Current First Aid and CPR
- You must submit the below documentation;
- Cover letter of no more than one page detailing how you will be successful in the position
Proof of qualifications and current registration (as appropriate) will be required prior to commencement of employment
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
The position involves working with a multicultural organisation where the majority of employees, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.